Monday, December 13, 2010

Obsessed with: Stockings

I have lace ones, black ones, frilly ones, and the sexy thigh highs. I have see-through ones, fishnet ones, sweater ones, and ones without feet. One would say I'm obsessed, but I prefer the idea that I am purely fascinated by them.

During the shows for Fall 2010, stockings were quite popular and seen on many models in a numerous amount of shows; Alexander Wang seemed obsessed with thigh-high knit leg warmers and Anna Sui sent every girl down the runway in patterned leggings. And lately, many people have made the long warm socks their staple fashion statement for fall and winter. I have seen more tights worn by girls around the city, than I had my whole life (and I love it!)


If you're looking for something less expensive, check out all these $15-or-less ideas:

-Forever21: These Classic Sheer Tights with the adorable fake patterned jewelry around the knee is just perfect for wearing with tall boots. You can also try a knit pair, like these Herringbone Knit Leggings.

-Nordstrom: These DKNY Hosiery Crochet Tights would be good for work. Not too scandalous but still a bit sexy.

-Hot Topic: I know this place has a childish bad rep and has annoying teenage girls swarming the shelves of pink hair dye, but their selection of tights and thigh highs are amazing. The Black Rose Lace Tights are fantastic.

-Urban Outfitters: This place has overpriced goods, but occasionally I'll find a good pair of tights that's not $30. Really though... they're going to snag pretty fast if they're knits, so it's not worth the money. Find something cheap, like these Pinstripe Floral Tights and feel accomplished.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment