Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Why haven't I written about Philz coffee yet?!?!

For real.

So I often go to Philz for some innovatively designed delicious coffee - whoever thought of mint leaves in coffee is a genius! I just cannot believe I have never talked about it on this blog before!


They have locations in SOMA, the Mission, the Loin, and the Castro (which is also a Sit & Spin). Although there is a location in Berkeley, this is a blog about SF, not hippietown. I love the Mission location because it feels so much like home and has all sorts of different people lounging on the miss matched furniture. Oh, and there are science experiments going on.

I recently went to a poetry reading right next door to the Mission location as well. I arrived at the address and met up with some friends outside. Outside of what, you ask? Oh, a dirty, rusty, metal garage door. The Kaleidoscope Poetry Center is hidden behind an old metal door, but when the location is open to the public, a beautiful, bright, colorful room full of paintings and art appears. I have never had so much enjoyment hearing people read poems before.


I know this picture does not do it justice, but I highly suggest checking out the Kaleidoscope Poetry Center in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment