Monday, February 7, 2011

Is it just me or has my last post been over two weeks ago?!

I feel horrible about not posting in so long! I've had such a busy two weeks, you wouldn't believe... But enough about that, I hate to talk about myself; I only wish to indulge my foodie, coffee, tea and fashion experiences by writing about them on here..

I live so close to so many things in the city that it is hard to find time to visit all of the exciting things. For instance, I live within walking distance of some amazing restaurants yet I decline to find the time to go. While I was sick a few weeks ago and had the craving for hearty soup and bread, I remembered the restaurant a few blocks away called Outerlands. Three words: BLOODY HELL, YES!


The wait was only 5 minutes, when the staff said 15, and when I finally sat down, I was instantly attended to with my own pitcher of water and friendly service. The romantic feel of the wood paneling around the place wasn't hurt by the candles lit on the tables. The location may be small, but it's rather gorgeous.

I ordered the Outerlands Levain Toast and some sort of squash/pumpkin soup. The soup was divine; the mixture of cinnamon spice and smooth texture made my cold go away almost immediately. The toast was genuinely to die for and I received two orders, since the soup already came with a portion on the side. Olive oil and garlic accompanied the bread, so the flavors made a perfect blend.


Perhaps I am biased on this opinion about the restaurant considering I was sick and needed hearty vegetarian food, but I still would go back to this eatery regardless!

On a side note, I've also been told their goat cheese and pear salad is marvelous...

Official Website
Yelp!

No comments:

Post a Comment